Join us for an exclusive SCAPE Public Art Tour to Gibbs Farm.
Just an hour north of Auckland is Gibbs Farm. We will visit the incredible expansive sculpture park, home to a series of major site-specific artworks, commissioned over the past 20 years. Gibbs Farm is the greatest collection of large-scale, outdoor sculptures in New Zealand. Experience some of the world’s most significant artists set amongst exotic animals, including giraffes and zebras!
The SCAPE team will be outside the Northern Club (19 Princes Street, central Auckland) at 8.15am to greet you. The bus will depart at 8:30am.
We will spend 3-4 hours at the farm where you are able to wander around the sculptures at your own pace (assisted by a map and explanation of the exhibits). The bus will depart Gibbs Farm at 2pm and return to the Northern Club around 3pm (depending on traffic).
Tickets are $150 + booking fee, per person and places are strictly limited. Price includes, entry ticket, return coach transfer from Auckland, and an artisan gourmet picnic lunch by Picnic Box. The proceeds from this special fundraising event goes directly to supporting SCAPE Public Art.
This event will go ahead rain or shine. A reasonable level of fitness is required. The walk is 6-7 km long and takes 3-4 hours to cover the whole sculpture farm, however you can choose to do as much or as little of this as you please.
There are 3 picnic lunch options available, one picnic lunch per person:
Roast chicken wrap, chocolate brownie, Proper crisps & fresh fruit
Vegan gluten free salad, sweet slice, Proper crisps & fresh fruit
Vegetarian roll, chocolate brownie, Proper crisps & fresh fruit
- These tickets entitle you to be transported on Bus 1 (which departs from the Northern Club @ 8.30am)
- Tickets to be received prior to departing Auckland, there is no entry fee applicable when visiting Gibbs Farm
- Tickets are non-transferable
- Entry to Gibbs Farm, via Barr Rd
- A Gibbs Farm booklet with map will be provided upon arrival
- Please view the ‘Visitor Terms of Access’ here:
terms of access.pdf (gibbsfarm.org.nz)
- Please note: Gibbs Farm is open from 10am to 2pm
- Gibbs Farm is a private property open by appointment only on scheduled monthly visitor days as per website:
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Camera – photos are allowed
- Sunscreen and hat
- Raincoat – this event will go ahead rain or shine!
- Alcohol is not permitted on Gibbs Farm.
Please Note: There are toilets available on site