We warmly extend an invitation to you to join the SCAPE Public Art Patron Programme in support of New Zealand’s premier public art event in Ōtautahi Christchurch. We offer an annual package offering a wide range of benefits including an exclusive invitation to a tour of the Season artworks with the Season’s Managing Curator.
Join the SCAPE Patron Programme
How to become a Patron and what we do
- A $4,000 annual membership donation enables you to not only experience and support New Zealand’s premier public art event, (including a tax-deductible donation portion of $3,500). This investment will enable us to build on what we have delivered already under the past twenty-five years and continue beyond 2023 to present vital, relevant, and exciting contemporary public artworks for ALL to enjoy.
- Patron Membership is for two people
- As a Patron, you will be invited to exhibitions, studio visits, artists’ talks, and VIP events over the SCAPE Season Opening weekend.
- Enjoy intimate gatherings with the artists involved with SCAPE, engage with the Seasons Managing Curator who will offer a special insight into the artists’ artworks produced by SCAPE for the Season.
- Have some fun and enjoy some very exclusive opportunities including viewing some of New Zealand’s most interesting and incredible private art collections
- At the heart of your support are our artists and their creativity.
Highlights from previous Patron’s Events
To help us celebrate the opening of Season 2021, our Patrons and trustees were able to meet and greet with some of the season’s featured artists and Managing Curator, Jamie Hanton.
Jamie also provided a private guided art walk, giving insight into each of the artworks – offering many moments of delight, inspiration and surprise. Patrons were then welcomed into the private studio and home of artists Helen Calder. She graciously shared her inspiring history and experience with art, and everyone enjoyed a demonstration, and explanation of her process in art-making.
Later in the day, a celebration was held at the Wrightmann House for drinks, canapes and to view their impressive 1,000 + piece art collection.
The food was prepared by the legendary and award-winning team Gin Gin Christchurch. The cocktails were supplied by Scapegrace Gin and East Imperial.
The Patron’s weekend had a wonderful finale at Jenny May’s on Sunday morning.
Click here to watch highlights from 2021!
Recent Exclusive Opportunities
Heather Straka portrait opportunity
SCAPE Public Art in collaboration with the Canterbury Museum and Heather Straka hosted another portrait opportunity in 2022. Families of varying sizes were photographed within the Canterbury Museum here in Christchurch on the set which recreates the look and feel of a once opulent and now run-down, 1930s German hotel foyer.
“In 2021 a group of seven brave individuals and patrons applied to occupy such a space within my imagination, who, with some leniencies and limited information, walked into the process and execution of my Renaissance Concept idea with great courage. Being greeted on arrival with a now adult-sized diorama to set the scene, it allowed them to play again in the realm of what we were brought up with as kids, in a museum typesetting”. Heather Straka.
Working with Heather’s team, the package offered included:
- A personal consultation with Heather to conceptualise your unique portrait.
- Exclusive dinner invitation at a unique location in Christchurch for two for a viewing of this unique series of Patron’s Portraits.
- A catalogue featuring the process of the portraits, as a keepsake record of the shoot.
- Exclusive Heather Straka Passport to Participation print (unframed).
SCAPE Fundraising events
SCAPE Art Avant-Garde Summer Gala
Held at Eliza’s Manor in February 2022 this exclusive event was an unforgettable sensory journey where inspiring art, sublime food and music collided. A big thank you goes to the generous support of our attendees, allowing us to raise $70,000. This support enables us to provide our free public art and education programmes to Canterbury’s communities throughout 2022 and beyond.
SCAPE Art in Residence
Thanks to the generous support of local SCAPE supporters, we often host public art pop-ups in beautiful homes around Ōtautahi Christchurch and Aotearoa New Zealand as a means to raise funds, supporting our artists through their artwork sales all with the aim of growing and expanding our public art collection in Ōtautahi. To find out more and join the mailing list for these events, become a SCAPE Public Art Insider.
Pacific Art in Residence at The Wrightmann House
The stars aligned with Matariki in 2021, SCAPE Public Art partnered with The Bergman Gallery, Art + Object to host a most spectacular fundraising event at the Wrightmann Collection and House. All proceeds funding Mahiriki Tangaroa’s exhibition in Venice and SCAPE Public Art’s Charitable Trust.